Monday, January 24, 2011

The Wife I'll Never Have

I recently was forwarded a link a page called "To My Husband". I wasn't sure why this link should be forwarded to me as, being a heterosexual male, I am not looking for a husband. Once I read through all the entries, however, I found why someone would forward this to me. It is very heartwarming and highly entertaining. The site is a tumblr page, filled with random quotes to the speaker's "Future Husband. Each quote is a statement that sets a guideline for how the husband and wife will treat each other through their marriage. I suppose it's a set of rules that the Husband should adhere to, but all of them are lessons on how to have a successful marriage.  By all intents and purposes, it sounds like the woman speaking to her "future husband" is, quite possibly, the most amazing woman on the planet. She is funny, smart, witty, and realistic about the more mundane aspects of married life. I fell in love immediately.

Here is an example for the rule on name calling:
"No name calling during fights, unless the names are hilarious enough to distract us from the reason we’re fighting in the first place.  Suggestions:  Thundercunt or Cockmonger."
     After looking in to this page a little more it became apparent that the quotes were, in fact, from many different women and applied to the page. This was a little disappointing, but if there is at least one women out there who holds true to this pages tenants, then I would like to meet her.  I think we would get along famously.

No comments:

Post a Comment